Skyrocket your creativity with Tizen, the future of OS.
Tizen is a web-centric, fully open source mobile platform for all device areas including smart phones, tablets, in-vehicle infotainment (IVI), and consumer electronic devices (TVs, gaming consoles, DVRs and cameras).
Here is an excellent opportunity for all developers to win Big Prizes from your existing mobile apps in 4 easy Steps:
By the way, in case you don’t have any Mobile App, you can build a Tizen App from ground up too and submit it for this challenge and win!
Your App should belong to any of the following categories.
- Music & Videos
- Education, Learning & Health
- Productivity & Utility Apps
- Social Networking
- Puzzles & Trivia
Apps submitted on Tizen Store between Nov. 10 – Dec. 9 2014 would be eligible for the challenge.
Exciting prizes to be won:
- For every Approved App: Flipkart Shopping Vouchers worth Rs. 2000 each.
- Early Bird prizes (Five developers who submit apps before 24th Nov, 2014): Flipkart Shopping Vouchers worth Rs. 5000 each.
- Best App in each category: Flipkart Shopping Vouchers worth Rs. 25,000 each.
- Second Best App in each category: Flipkart Shopping Vouchers worth Rs. 15,000 each.
- Grand Prize - Winner [Best Overall App]: Flipkart Shopping Voucher worth Rs. 50,000.
- Grand Prize - Runner Up [Second Best Overall App]: Flipkart Shopping Voucher worth Rs. 35,000.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
"Contest/Program" is provided by the Organizer on its website/platform "tizenindiaportathon.com" from 10/11/2014 (00:00:00 hrs) to 9/12/2014 (23:59:59 hrs) (here in after to be referred as "Contest Period"), on the terms and conditions ("Terms") as mentioned here in below:
Participation in the "Contest/Program" shall be construed as an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions stipulated herein. Any breach or default by the Participant of any of the Terms & Conditions herein shall result in immediate disqualification without notice. The program can be terminated or discontinued by the Organizers without giving any further notices
- All Technology Professionals (Software Developers, Project Managers, Software Architects, Enthusiasts etc) or Students, working and residing in India are eligible to participate in the contest/program.
- The Contest is only open for Indian Citizens staying in India, (hereinafter to be referred as "Participant(s)"), except employees and family members of the Organizer of this Contest.
- Entry Process: In order to participate in this program, the participant will have to fill up the online registration form as made available on the website [tizenindiaportathon.com].
- Additional Requirements: By submitting an application, the participant enacts and authorizes that:-
- The applications are the participant's own original work.
- The participant is the owner of or has obtained and currently holds valid, subsisting and
- sufficient rights in the application, including all necessary intellectual property rights and is not infringing any of the copyrights or intellectual property of others.
All Published Applications which meet Tizen's Quality criteria:-
- Quality criteria are met if the UX / design guidelines specified by Tizen are complied. Please visit the Tizen.org for guidelines.
- Apps published on the store, but not meeting the criteria as prescribed herein will not be eligible/considered for the prizes.
- The apps created for other Tizen powered programs like Bootcamps and/or Hackathons etc. would not be eligible for the Program.
- Apps should not be static or should not have static content (eg. Themes, Wallpapers).
General Terms and Conditions:
- Apps published before the mentioned Entry Date (10th Nov, 2014) or after the Exit Date (9th Dec, 2014) Period shall not be considered eligible for the Program.
- Participants must follow the guidelines of Tizen Store to publish their apps.
- Judging/Adjudicating for the best quality apps will be done by a panel of experts appointed by the Organiser. Their decision will be considered as final.
- The rewards/prizes/awards will be earned as per the following details:-
- Every Approved App will win Flipkart Shopping Vouchers worth Rs. 2000 each.
- Five developers who submit apps before 24th Nov, 2014 will win Flipkart Shopping Vouchers worth Rs. 5000 each.
- Best App in each category will win Flipkart Shopping Vouchers worth Rs. 25,000 each.
- Second Best App in each category will win Flipkart Shopping Vouchers worth Rs. 15,000 each.
- One Grand prize for Winner (Best Overall App) - Shopping voucher of 50000/-
- One Grand prize for Runner up (Second best Overall App) Shopping voucher of 35000/-
- The prizes are liable to be changed and information regarding the same would be updated on the microsite [tizenindiaportathon.com], in case, such a situation arises.
- Each Participant must ensure that his/her participation in the Program is in accordance with the applicable laws.
- No additional participation or other fee is required to be paid for participating in the Program.
- The prizes shall be delivered only in India. The actual prizes may vary from the ones as mentioned in the terms and conditions or in the offer.
- The Organizer/Sponsors shall not be responsible for any loss, injury, claims, damages or any other liability whatsoever during the transport of the prizes to the winners.
- Prizes shall neither be transferable nor exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
- The participant would be solely responsible for any and all taxes and tax liability on prizes / awards may be required to sign and return releases of liability, declarations of eligibility, and where lawful publicity and consent to the agreements
Representation and Warranties by Participant(s):
- Participant(s) represents and warrants that he/she is legally competent to enter into binding contracts under applicable laws. By availing the Contest, the Participant(s) warrants that all information provided by the Participant(s) regarding its name, age, state, city, address, phone number, etc., is true, correct, genuine, accurate and complete and that the Participant(s) is authorized to provide such information and consents/approves to the use of such information by Organizer and/or its event management company.
- Participant(s) agrees and consents that any and all information submitted by the Participant(s) may be required to be shared with other third parties engaged by Organizer, for the authorized purposes of verifying and/or audit the authenticity of the Participant(s).
- Participant(s) gives Organizer the right to publish and broadcast anywhere in the world, now or in future, for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes and in any media, Participant(s) and/or Winner’s name, image, likeness and/or photograph (except where prohibited by law) without any further permission or consent in any form, including but not limited to, royalty.
- Organizer will not accept any responsibility of licensing and copyright issues of the used images.
- Participant(s) agrees that Organizer shall not be liable for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance or use of the Prize (except any liability which may not be excluded under applicable law).
- Participant(s) hereby agrees to indemnify and keep Organizer, its associated companies, its event management company and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents, indemnified against any and all losses, claims (including but not limited to third party claims), injuries, costs, fees, fines, penalties, taxes, charges and any other liability arising out of any act of omission, commission, fraud, negligence or misconduct by the Participant(s).
Final Decision & Jurisdiction:
- If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted or is ineligible (as per the terms and conditions or due to a failure to comply with any of the other applicable terms of this arrangement), the prize/awards may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner, at the Organizer’s discretion, may be selected.
- The Organizer or the Sponsors will not provide any warranty on the prizes (although the manufacturer of the prize may do so). To the fullest extent allowable by law, both parties specifically disclaim any representations or warranties, expressed or implied, regarding the prizes, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance of this contest and thereafter.
- By submitting the entries, the participant agrees to abide by and be bound by the Rules and Regulations of the Contest/Program and the decision/result of the Organizer.
- The Organizer’s decision as to the administration and operation of the Contest/Program and the selection of the best apps are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest/Program.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest/Program, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Organizer’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Program, as determined by the Organizer in its sole discretion.
- The Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to have provided incorrect information at the time of registration of the Program or anytime thereafter or to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Program or to be acting in violation of these terms or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- The Organizer’s failure to enforce any term specified in these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision; This Promotion shall be governed by laws of India. Any dispute arising out of this Program will be referred to a sole Arbitrator to be appointed by the Organizer, whose decision shall be deemed final and binding on the parties. The place of Arbitration shall be New Delhi.
- Organizer shall not be responsible for any force majeure event that may prevent a Participant(s) from participating in the Contest.
- Prize cannot be exchanged with any product or item, is non-transferable and cannot be en-cashed under any circumstances. The decision of Organizer in respect to the Contest shall be final and no dispute shall be entertained in this regard.
- Organizer reserves the absolute right to amend the Terms of the Contest or extend the Contest Period or cancel or discontinue the Contest or any part thereof without giving any reasons or prior notice.
- Failure by Organizer to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- In no event shall Organizer be liable for losses or any incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the Contest or its services (however arising, including negligence).
- In the event of any conflict or inconsistency regarding any instructions, rules and conditions on any advertising or promotional material relating to the Contest, these Terms shall prevail over all such other instructions, rules and conditions.
- Nothing herein, shall be construed as conferring any license or other rights under the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of Organizer or its related companies or any third party, whether by estoppels, implication or otherwise and all such rights shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Organizer and/or its related companies.