Opening Ceremony dan Intel hari ini merilis MICA, My Intelligent Communication Accessory, aksesoris mewah yang pintar dan modis yang benar-benar mengubah konsep teknologi wearable. MICA adalah gelang cantik dan pintar untuk wanita yang bisa memberikan akses ke notifikasi SMS, Yelp, Gmail, Facebook event dan Google Calendar melalui pergelangan tangan.
MICA akan tersedia pada awal Desember di Amerika Serikat dan akan dijual secara eksklusif di Opening Ceremony New York dan Los Angeles, Barneys New York, dan secara online di Openingceremony.us dan Barneys.com. MICA akan dijual dengan harga $495.
Desain mutakhir MICA dibangun melalui finishing premium dan lapisan emas 18K dengan layar sentuh melengkung dari kaca safir. Salah satu modelnya memiliki gelang dari kulit ular air hitam, mutiara dari China dan batu lapis dari Madagaskar, sementara gelang lainnya dari kulit ular air putih, mata harimau dari Afrika Selatan dan obsidian dari Rusia.
Konektivitas 3 G akan disediakan oleh operator telekomunikasi AT&T.
Intel Reveals Details of MICA, Will Offer Texting and Alerts
Opening Ceremony and Intel today took the wraps off the complete features of MICA, My Intelligent Communication Accessory, the smart and fashionable luxury accessory that truly redefines the concept of wearable technology. MICA is a beautiful and intelligent bracelet that provides today's highly connected woman with access to text messages, Yelp, Gmail notifications, Facebook events and Google Calendar through discreet notifications delivered directly to the wrist.
The feminine communications accessory will be available by early December in the United States and will retail exclusively at Opening Ceremony New York and Los Angeles, select Barneys New York locations, and online at Openingceremony.us and Barneys.com.
"Our pioneering collaboration with Opening Ceremony and the introduction of this category-defining smart jewelry piece advances wearable technology as a distinctively stylish accessory that places importance on both aesthetics and functionality," said Ayse Ildeniz, vice president and general manager for business development and strategy, New Devices Group at Intel Corporation. "MICA captures Intel's philosophy that technology should enhance jewelry in order to make wearable technology truly 'wantable,' in addition to seamless and productive."
"Today's modern woman maintains selectivity and exclusivity when choosing accessories, and MICA embodies a beautifully unique statement piece," said Humberto Leon, co-founder and creative director, Opening Ceremony. "The wearable space is an exciting, rapidly expanding category, and it has been a thrill to be involved in the convergence of fashion and technology through this collaboration with Intel."
"Mobile technology really guides everything we do. The issue for many consumers on wearable technology lies in the fact that the devices typically are not attractive and are often times cumbersome," said Daniella Vitale, chief operating officer and senior executive vice president, Barneys New York. "Opening Ceremony founders Carol and Humberto, along with Intel, had the prescience to create something functional but also beautiful and chic. We are excited to be the first on something that mirrors the Barneys strategy of a beautiful, exclusive and unique product!"
"MICA acts as an extension of a customer's smartphone, for those times when it's not convenient to carry with you," said Chris Penrose, senior vice president, Internet of Things, AT&T. "It allows customers to receive texts and email notifications so that they can stay connected, while still wearing a fashionable jewelry piece to almost any occasion."
MICA PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
Reflecting market research garnered from the Opening Ceremony community and influencers in the industry, Opening Ceremony and Intel developed the design, features and purpose of the MICA bracelet for the woman who is always on the go and enjoys being socially connected, and who has a deep appreciation for fashion. Via a touch-screen sapphire display, wearers can easily view content. Vibration-based alerts, a curated VIP contact list and customizable quick replies deliver notifications directly to the wrist – eliminating the need to fumble through a handbag or interrupt a meeting or event.
- Messaging: MICA provides access to text messages and notifications of incoming mails from "important contacts" as designated in Gmail. Users can dismiss notifications from the device and respond with customizable quick replies.
- Calendar and Event Notifications: MICA displays Google Calendar and Facebook event notifications while enabling users to accept or reject appointments.
- Personal Concierge: MICA offers intelligent reminders, "Time to Go" (TTG), powered by TomTom and Intel, that dynamically adjust based on location to account for the time required to get to the next appointment. MICA also provides users with access to Yelp local search, which includes business ratings and reviews. MICA wearers can use Yelp to locate restaurants, shops and other local businesses nearby.
- Priority Notifications: Users can curate a VIP contact list that filters notifications and text messages. Vibration-based alerts discreetly alert the wearer to incoming alerts.
- Design: Elevating the appearance of traditional wearable devices, MICA's cutting-edge design is constructed of premium finishes and 18K gold coating with a curved sapphire glass touch screen display. One style features black water snake skin, pearls from China and lapis stones from Madagascar, while the other style features white water snake skin, tiger's eye from South Africa and obsidian from Russia.
- Configuration and Security: The bracelet provides remote access and locking, the ability to locate the device, and configuration capabilities via a Web-based portal.
- Two-Year AT&T Data Service Paid by Intel: MICA is connected by AT&T and includes a two-year wireless service plan provided by Intel in the price of the bracelet.
Pricing, Availability and Additional Product Information
- Up to two days of battery life
- Micro-USB charging
- Available for sale only in the United States for $495